Thursday, August 12, 2010

the return of the pee pee tee pee


I had heard that having a boy could make changing diapers a bit "challenging" from time to time. Starting in the hospital soon after Ethan was born the "spout-ing" started and he would pee while we would change his diaper, or when he was taking a bath. Pee has gotten on the wall, the sink, the counter, the floor, and of course all over anyone who has been changing his diaper at the time. A couple weeks after Ethan was born my sister and Uncle Russell picked up a few "pee pee tee pees" to see if they might help capture some of the stream. We had some success with this but as the weeks have gone it seemed to be less often that Ethan would pee during diaper changes and so I kind of stopped using the pee pee tee pee.

Well that has all changed this week! Over the last few days he has spouted 4 or 5 times during diaper changes and during his bath. He's also "pooped" (more like sprayed!) twice on my hand when I changed him yesterday and today. And of course he was all precious smiles, although I have to admit I was too - it is kind of comical! Sometimes all you can do is laugh!

Let's just say I'm bringing back the pee pee tee pee.

No comments:

Post a Comment