Monday, November 29, 2010

how we spent our thanksgiving

It all started on Thanksgiving Eve morning, when I started to get the tummy rumbles. Thinking it was a bout of food poisoning, I took it easy, drank some sprite and ate some toast. I felt worse as the day went on and continued to have "stomach emptying episodes" to put it nicely. We were supposed to host Thanksgiving the next day with Pete's family and so I sent my mom out to the store to buy the last minute food and put her on pie baking duty. Well, things then just went from bad to worse. What I thought was food poisoning turned out to be the stomach flu as it unfortunately had a domino effect throughout the rest of the house-Pete got sick later that night, and then my mom and finally my step dad Dean on Thanksgiving Day.

We cancelled as hosts of Thanksgiving and spent the day in our PJs recovering! Luckily the only one to not get sick was our little man Ethan! I still had to cook the 23 pound defrosted turkey that was sitting in our fridge and so we have been eating turkey now for days!

I did get a chance to put Ethan in his Thanksgiving outfit to snap a few pics. He pooped out early in the morning soon after I had him dressed and so I had to wash it again quickly to get some photographs!


Ethan also decided to take a short morning nap, waking up at 8:30 am and would not go back to sleep after that! I tried putting him down at 10:30, then 12:00, then 1:00, and nothing would work! He cried and was restless - clearly overtired and subsequently wired. So, we did what I never thought I would have to do - we took him for a car ride at 2:00pm. And, within 5 minutes he was fast asleep.

All in all, a Thanksgiving to remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment