Tuesday, May 10, 2011

my first official mother's day

On Sunday I got to enjoy my first official mother's day! It kind of felt a little bit like my birthday with all the pampering, gifts and words of affirmation! The day got started with a special card and gift and flowers from Pete and Ethan. Ethan helped me open up the card-

We went to lunch at one of our favorite restaurants Pi and enjoyed some pizza on a seriously gorgeous blue sky day!
Ethan got a chance to stretch his legs.
And then we tried to get a good head shot of the three of us.
Later on Lindsay and Russell came over and we enjoyed some delicious bbq.

It was an extra special day because Ethan also decided to take his first steps! We captured a couple steps on my iPhone and so I will upload that soon. It was a great Mother's Day present!

The only not so great part of the day was an accidental fall Ethan took when he was standing up and lost his balance - he went sideways and hit the floor on the side of his head. He was pretty upset and it took a lot of consoling to calm down, and then a lot of consoling later on to get to sleep. Yesterday (Monday) I felt a squishy lump on his head and so we took him to the doctor today who ordered an x ray of his skull to see if there was a fracture. We'll get the results tomorrow and go from there. Really hoping and praying that my sweet boy doesn't have a skull fracture, but thankful that he hasn't had any other "head trauma" symptoms. The doctor doesn't think there is anything wrong with his brain, it may "just" be a bone fracture on his skull or best case - swelling and fluid. It seems a little surreal to even think that a random fall could actually result in a skull fracture, but, not much to do at this point but wait and pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment