Tuesday, May 13, 2014

mother's day

We had a fairly low key Mother's Day this year. Whenever we have celebratory days I can't help but think about the difference between last year and this year, and how I never would have imagined this year would be what it's been. Being Mother's Day though, I couldn't help but also reflect on how very thankful I am for the blessing it is to be a mother. Especially a mother to two delightful exuberant and joy-filled children. It is an honor to be their mother, truly!

Some highlights:

How about my precious daughter here? Not exactly thrilled with our early morning "let's take a family photo before we forget" idea. :) 
 

 We enjoyed some ice cream treats later in the day.

"Big eyes/Happy face" picture.



Blessed to spend Mother's Day with my mother too. What a mother she is to me. So thankful for her!

And then a Mother's Day nightcap with my mom and sister. A reminder that my sister and I are related when we both showed up in black t-shirt dresses with bright Noonday jewelry. :)

 Laughter is so good. Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment